708 East Broad Street
The National Theater is a historic theater in Richmond, Virginia. Part of a city block along the 700 block of Broad Street once known as Theatre Row, it is the only surviving auditorium of the row (the others now exist in facade only).
The National Theater was built in 1923, originally staging both live entertainment (such as vaudeville shows) as well as motion-pictures. In 1968, it was converted into a dedicated cinema, which closed on September 5, 1983. Restored and reopened in 2008 by RIC Capital Ventures, the theater, operating as The National, is used as a performing arts and music venue.