1798 Pump House Drive
Built in 1882, the gray granite Pump House provided water for Richmond for more than 40 years. During World War II, the city sold the building’s machinery for scrap metal. In the 1950s, just as the city was poised to demolish the building, First Presbyterian Church bought it for $1. The city eventually regained possession officially established Pump House Park.