Create an Account
HIKE FOR KIDS!
REFLECTIONS FROM THE TRAIL
Deep Thoughts from a CVT Organizer June 30, 2018
About 10 years ago, I joined Meetup in hopes of finding others with whom to enjoy hiking and the outdoors. In those days there were no Meetup groups like CVT, but the closest was a group called Avid Hikers & Outdoor Enthusiasts. I went on a few of their hikes, but the calendar was pretty sparse, and at some point I was asked by the organizer to help out by leading some hikes. Being an introvert, naturally I was reluctant, but I knew there was a demand and I saw the tremendous potential the group had. Unfortunately it was somewhat hampered by an organizer who had inherited the group from someone else and did not have the time to devote to it. So in 2011 I made the decision to start Central Virginia Trailblazers.
LATEST CVT NEWS
- Life Is FleetingSource: Blue Ridge Outdoors07/20/2018
- How to See the Chincoteague Ponies Year-RoundSource: Virginia Tourism07/20/2018
- #TakeTheTrain to Enjoy Virginia’s WaterwaysSource: Virginia Tourism07/19/2018
- Pocahontas State Park Receives $30,000 for New Trail SystemSource: Richmond Outdoors07/19/2018
- ‘Christmas in July’: 25th Annual Parade of Lights to Be Held This SaturdaySource: Richmond Outdoors07/18/2018
- The Best Running Party Under The Stars – Ragnar Trail CarolinasSource: Blue Ridge Outdoors07/16/2018
Use our custom link when you shop on Amazon and CVT gets a small commission on your purchases!