Our team of top-notch organizers recently met to discuss concerns and suggestions pertaining to our group. One of the topics of discussion had to do with member profiles, which you can read about here. Another topic that came up was how to handle no-shows. Because spaces are usually limited at our events, we often have to turn people away. When people RSVP and then don’t show up, that’s a missed opportunity for someone else. Fortunately it isn’t as much of a problem for us as it is for Meetup groups, but nevertheless we should establish a policy.
Beginning August 1st, here’s how we are going to handle no-shows:
- We will start tracking everyone’s no-show count. Everyone gets a clean slate.
- Members who no-show to an event will receive an email.
- First-time offenders get a free pass. Mistakes happen, we’re all human.
- This is my favorite part…two-time offenders earn a spot in the all-new CVT Wall of Shame!
- Three-time offenders are subject to removal from the group.
Of course, all of this silliness can be avoided if you simply show up at the events! And if your plans change, cancel your RSVP as soon as you can. For last-minute cancellations, post a comment on the event page, or if possible, call or text the organizer.
Later this week, I’ll tell you about a new way you can earn CVT Points!!!