Lace up your hiking boots and get ready as we blaze a new trail on the world wide web!
After several months of development and testing (thanks to help from our valued CVT Rewards members), we are now ready to open up our new website to all Trailblazers! Here you will find a lot of Meetup-like features including an events calendar, photo albums, forums, messaging, and more…plus a new and improved points system that applies to everyone!
The new events calendar has lots of activities already scheduled. RSVPs for most of these are set to open on Saturday, April 1st, which is our official grand opening…no foolin’! The grid calendar allows you to filter by categories like event type and hike difficulty, and there is a list view as well. As a member, you can submit you own event here.
Before next Saturday, here are a few things you should do to get ready:
- If you haven’t already, create an account. Please use your real first name, or whatever name you go by on Meetup. If you already have an account, review your profile (new questions were recently added). Upload a photo if you haven’t already, and check your privacy and email settings.
- Bookmark this site!
- Subscribe to our blog. We’ll be using the blog to communicate group news and event announcements. By subscribing, you’ll get these updates sent directly to your email inbox, so you won’t miss out on anything! Check out these articles on CVT Points, Sharing Photos, and Email Notifications.
- You may want to purchase some Trail Bucks. Trail Bucks are the official currency of CVT! You’ll need them to RSVP for most events, as we are dropping the “CVT Rewards” program and going back to the pay-per-event system. It’s a little more fair and cuts down on no-shows.
- If you find any issues with the site (broken links, slow page loads, formatting problems, etc), or have any questions about how to use the site, please post them on the support forum. This can be a resource to others who have similar issues.
Other points of interest:
- We have a lot of Facebook-like features available to us. You can “friend” other members, post status updates, “like” other members’ updates, upload personal photos, and send private messages to other members. Please note that much of the content on the new site (event details, member info, etc) is restricted to logged in members.
- You might want to check out the photo albums as well. These are all from the Meetup site (I have local copies of most of them). I’ll be adding more over time.
That’s it for now! Keep checking back for more updates!