6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
River Road Shopping Center
The University of Richmond’s 350-acre campus consists of beautiful gothic architecture set amid a landscape of pines, rolling hills, and Westhampton Lake. The campus was recognized by The Princeton Review in 2000 as the most beautiful in the United States, and it has served as a filming location for several movies and television shows.
During this walk, we will explore the grounds of the campus including the lake.
- Difficulty: Easy
- Hike Distance: 4-5 miles
- Elevation Change: Minimal
- Hike Pace: Moderate
- Terrain: Paved Sidewalks
- Recommended hiking gear: Broken in hiking shoes/boots, water, rain gear, sunscreen, insect repellent, basic first aid
- Dogs Allowed: Yes
- Cancellation: If weather becomes an issue, please check your email or contact the “Adventure Specialist” for this event.
- Max Group Size: 10
Please visit our website for CVT’s policies and expectations for participants.
GUIDELINES FOR SOCIAL DISTANCING IN THE AGE OF COVID
- Bring hand sanitizer and a mask or face covering. Use when necessary.
- Avoid physical contact with other participants. Do not share food or hiking gear.
- Maintain a safe distance from others when hiking or congregating before hikes.
- Avoid use of public restrooms and facilities when possible.
- Stay home if you are sick, symptomatic, or have been exposed to others in either category.
- Until further notice, CVT will not be organizing any carpools.
HOW TO FIND US
- Meet in the parking lot at River Road Shopping Center (6201 River Road). Park in the large lot near BB&T.
- For pre- and post-hike discussion with other participants, look for this event on our Facebook page!
- This event is being hosted by Brian from Central Virginia Trailblazers. If you sign up for this event, you will receive an email confirmation with the host’s contact information.
Getting too many emails?? Now you can opt to receive email invitations for only the kinds of events that interest you. Update your preferences here.
Look for this event on our Facebook page.
Update your email preferences.