6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Stony Point Shopping Center
Join us for a scenic summer hike through the wooded trails of Larus Park and the adjoining neighborhood of Southampton. The home styles in Southampton vary widely from colonial to mid-century to log cabin (yes, there are actual log cabins!). We’ll walk down to the riverfront past Huguenot Flatwater and work our way back to our starting point.
This one is a little longer than most of our Sunset Hikes, with a total distance of around 5 miles. We should be finished at around 8:30pm.
Optional post-hike cone at Gelati Celesti!
- Difficulty: Easy
- Hike Distance: 4-5 miles
- Elevation Change: Minimal
- Hike Pace: Moderate
- Terrain: Dirt trails, grass, sidewalks
- Recommended hiking gear: Broken in hiking shoes/boots, water, rain gear, sunscreen, insect repellent, basic first aid
- Dogs Allowed: Yes
- Cancellation: If weather becomes an issue, please check your email or contact the “Adventure Specialist” for this event.
- Max Group Size: 15
Please visit our website for CVT’s policies and expectations for participants.
GUIDELINES FOR SOCIAL DISTANCING IN THE AGE OF COVID
- Bring hand sanitizer and a mask or face covering. Use when necessary.
- Avoid physical contact with other participants. Do not share food or hiking gear.
- Maintain a safe distance from others when hiking or congregating before hikes.
- Avoid use of public restrooms and facilities when possible.
- Stay home if you are sick, symptomatic, or have been exposed to others in either category.
- Until further notice, CVT will not be organizing any carpools.
HOW TO FIND US
- Meet in the Stony Point Shopping Center parking lot nearest the side facing Stony Point Road. ***Do not confuse this with Stony Point Fashion Park!***
- For pre- and post-hike discussion with other participants, look for this event on our Facebook page!
- This event is being hosted by Brian from Central Virginia Trailblazers. If you sign up for this event, you will receive an email confirmation with the host’s contact information.
Getting too many emails?? Now you can opt to receive email invitations for only the kinds of events that interest you. Update your preferences here.
Look for this event on our Facebook page.
Update your email preferences.