10:00 am - 2:00 pm
South Anna River
This is not a flat water event as a spot or two can be mildly challenging. It’s really not bad just be cautious if you have little or no experience. My wife and I have done it so you’re probably fine. Meet up will be at the put in at 10am. The event should take about 3 hours depending on how often we stop. There are many great spots for stopping as the water and the scenery are awesome. Also, being a shuttle paddle we will need to hop into a couple of cars for an eight mile drive; so masks and open windows will be required.
Directions from RVA: RT 33 north and west. Pass Ashland road. Kayak launch is on your right. See picture and map.
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Distance: 5 miles
- Elevation Change: 0 feet
- Paddle Pace: As the river takes us
- Terrain: River
- Recommended gear: Kayak and paddle; daypack with water, lunch, snacks, sunscreen, insect repellent, basic first aid)
- Organizer will Provide: Moderate direction and bad advice
- Dogs Allowed: No
- Cancellation: If weather becomes an issue, please check your email or contact the “Adventure Specialist” for this event.
- Change of plans? Manage your EventBrite tickets here.
- Max Group Size: 12
Please visit our website for details on our group policies.
- This event is being hosted by Joe from Central Virginia Trailblazers. If you sign up for this event, you will receive an email confirmation with contact information.
Look for this event on our Facebook page.
Update your email preferences.