9:00 am - 12:00 pm
I thought this one might be appropriate given recent events. This popular CVT “Sundays on the James” hike features the historic Richmond Slave Trail, Great Shiplock Park, as well as parts of Church Hill and Shockoe Bottom. We will pass by the Reconciliation Statue and the site of Lumpkin’s Slave Jail.
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Hike Distance: 6-8 miles
- Elevation Change: Minimal
- Hike Pace: Moderate
- Terrain: Paved sidewalks
- Recommended hiking gear: Broken in hiking shoes/boots; daypack with water, snacks, rain gear, sunscreen, insect repellent, basic first aid
- Dogs Allowed: Yes
- Cancellation: If weather becomes an issue, please check your email or contact the “Adventure Specialist” for this event.
Please visit our website for details on our group policies.
Guidelines for Social Distancing in the era of COVID
- Bring hand sanitizer and a mask or face covering. Use when necessary.
- Avoid physical contact with other participants. Do not share food or hiking gear.
- Maintain a safe distance from others when hiking or congregating before hikes.
- Avoid use of public restrooms and facilities when possible.
- Stay home if you are sick, symptomatic, or have been exposed to others in either category.
- Until further notice, CVT will not be organizing any carpools.
How To Find Us
- Take I-95 to the Maury Street exit. Turn right on Maury Street and follow the brown signs to the public boat ramp.
- For pre- and post-hike discussion with other participants, look for this event on our Facebook page!
- This event is being hosted by Brian from Central Virginia Trailblazers. If you sign up for this event, you will receive an email confirmation with contact information.
Getting too many emails?? Now you can opt to receive email invitations for only the kinds of events that interest you. Update your preferences here.
Look for this event on our Facebook page.
Update your email preferences.